Monday, February 20, 2012

Let the potty training begin! (So glad this was a year ago)

The thing I like the least about raising kids is potty training them. I wish I could ship them off for a week and have someone else who has a washer and dryer deal with the training and then send back a potty trained princess! Wouldn't it be nice!

The night before we started training hard core (no more diapers) I had Allison teach her bear how to be potty trained and how to be rewarded for being dry and clean. She also got to sit and play with him between dry checks and potty runs.

She really wanted to make sure that the bear was having a fun time and really playing. So cute!

Fast forward one week and here we are at the bouncy house at the mall. This was the big reward! Once Allison was good and potty trained, doing both numbers in the potty and keeping panties dry and clean.....this was the ultimate reward. Playing at the bouncy house at the mall. Every time we would walk past it at the mall she would want to go so bad!
Wala, I had a potty trained princess!
Evelyn got to come celebrate with us and the girls both LOVED it!
When we showed up at the mall there was some sort of 4H farm days thing or some sort going on. There was a tent with animals out in the parking lot. A tractor that Evelyn wanted to climb into.
Bunnies to pet.
Ice cream and cheese samples....because Ice cream is made from milk, that comes from cows. Yeah that was a fun treat to get at "farm days."

Sheep, horses, goats, cows, pigs, ducks and others that I just can't remember. We will have to watch for the advertisements this year and go on purpose instead of just showing up on accident.

Evelyn decorated Allison's hair with a bunch of their clips. And hey, most of them even match her rainbow colored shirt.

Allison then decorated Evelyn's hair with as many clips as she could fit. They looked so fancy!
Then I took a turn and did a hair-do that was a little more purposeful.
Evelyn's hair was getting long enough to try to fun hair-do's. Too bad this one was done right before bed just messing around and we didn't actually get to go anywhere with it.
We did this one the next day for school.

This picture will show you how long it has really been since I posted. This little bald girl is my Natalie who will be 2 years old at the end of next month. I love her chubby little fingers in this picture.
And her piercingly blue eyes.
Dad got to snuggle with all of his sweet little girls one Saturday morning.

It has been Evelyn's job to unload the dishwasher for some time. She gets pretty creative and starts stacking things in strange ways. I guess it makes the job more fun. I have since been able to get her to stack all of the same things together which makes my job of putting all the dishes away a little easier.

No comments: