Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun easy home decor project and my little helpers

What a little helper. I love that she is on the dishwasher door, but under the top rack. Funny little girl!

Easter Egg coloring. Always fun and always a mess! This next year will be even messier when Natalie will want to be "helping" too.
This fun tool that is not very big but it makes it very easy to get really great 90 degree angles and they are very strong and very straight. It has helped us make some fun projects and restabalize some less strong chairs and a bookshelf, all while hiding all the holes! I will try to post the picture frames that Scott has made using it later.
I made the frames to the size I wanted. 1 big and long and 2 smaller ones that are closer to squares. Bought some home decor fabric when it was on sale and a staple gun and started covering away. I started in the middle of each side and then stretched and worked my way towards the corners, by doing 2 staples on each side before switching sides and then doing that again and again.
These were my helpers. They wanted to help put some staples in. Most staples that they helped with needed to be removed or hammered in. It just didn't work that well to have their hands involved but I let them try.
I looked up online how to get the corners nice and tight and square. I was very pleased with how they turned out.
Not sure why Natalie is wearing cat ears and standing in the way of the 3 finished projects but here she is, cute as ever and blocking the view.
I put the two smaller ones above the crib with that cute fabric dress in the middle. The big long one went on the side of the off-center window with another cute fabric dress on the other side. I'd like to say that I made the dresses too, since they are so cute, but I did not. They came with the crib set and matching dresses are found on the quilt. Love the colors and it was fun to be able to match the quilt to the colors on the wall hanging I made. Fun project! I also made a really big one to put in our bedroom. It is probably 3 feet by 4 feet. It is brown and then it has the red and green and tans that are found in the rest of the room. Okay when I said it was red and green, it sounded like Christmas, but it's a red craft table and a very light sage green for the curtains. They looks good and not like Christmas.

If you have a big wall to cover then this is a great project and you can make one huge one, or one big one and two smaller ones or 3-5 small ones, same sizes, different sizes, different heights, whatever. Very versatile and there are all sorts of fun fabrics to choose from!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I've missed you! And I'm very excited to see up to date pictures of your girls. Well, you know. Soon, I'll see up to date pictures.