Mostly just random pictures from our every day lives.
Natalie seriously loves bananas. Every time she downs one in about a minute I call her a "banana monster." Evelyn and Allison always argue that she's just a Natalie, not a "banana monster."
Awesome video of Natalie side-step walking and biting her lips and making funny faces. I think it's from Feb. but it's too funny to not post.
Making a volcano at home and attempting to have Evelyn and Allison explain what they know about volcanoes. But our volcano erupted orange since we were out of red food coloring then green because we ran out of yellow. Not super natural but I guess that our silver mountain was not very natural looking to start out with anyways.
Daddy playing with all his girls. Started out just as him and Natalie chasing each other around and growling at each other...then the crazy sisters joined in and had fun climbing all over daddy. As you can see, Natalie is a tough little girl! You'd have to be to have Evelyn and Allison for big sisters. I love watching this! I have the best husband and he's such a great Daddy. Love you Scott!
Allison decided to try on something out of the clean laundry basket. She had no idea what she was wearing, she just knew that it was something mom wore when she exercised but she was proud of herself for getting it on by herself.
Final cake from the cake class that my friend Jenny taught. It's kind of random but I just wanted to practice a few different things and decided to combine them all onto one cake. I think the stripes up the side are fun. There are 5 different kinds of flowers. We'd practiced some the week before and saved them. The ones that didn't get smashed at my house while they were drying were put on the cake. There are so many different fun frosting tips! I wish I had them all. My ability to write on cakes is AMAZING as you can see! Okay so it really ruins any cake. I can not make it look nice. It's hard enough to make regular writing look nice, then try to do it while holding a frosting bag and dropping the frosting onto a cake....yeah, mine looks awful!
Like I said, there really was a lot of different decorating techniques going on on this cake. They were all fun but together they kind of clash. But I had fun practicing and playing with frosting is always lots of fun.
I had lots of frosting left over so I thought I'd let the girls have a stab at frosting decoration. They loved it and did better than I thought they would. In this picture Allison is just doing it kind of random.
Evelyn was just filling in the whole cupcake in with the green frosting.
Her E looks just about as good as mine would. That's sad. My 4 year old can write with frosting as good as I can. Oh well, I actually hope she can do it better than me one day.
After Allison covered her paper in purple quite randomly she shocked me and did an amazing job of carefully filling in these flowers! With how all over the place she was squeezing it, it's amazing how well she stayed in the lines. She was squeezing with one hand at the top of the bag and one at the bottom but it all seemed to land in the right places.
The she started filling in the star. This was an enjoyable morning, but a bit messy! My kids love to do messy stuff and they get so excited when I let them do a messy project.
Natalie found a book on the floor and decided to do a little reading
The book is almost as big as she is!
Happy St. Patrick's day! Evelyn and Allison thought it was great fun to get their cheeks painted for this random holiday!
Each time Evelyn gets her face painted she gives the greatest smile for a picture!
Allison wanted painting on both cheeks so we did a shamrock on one cheek and painted "Happy St. Patty's Day" on the other.
I did not attempt to paint Natalie's face but she still wore a green shirt. On the other hand, Scott did not wear green and no one but me pinched him. He said he totally forgot.
Later that day we went on a walk to the Lab of Ornithology for their weekly or monthly story time. It was a very beautiful day for the middle of March. Even light jackets were a little too warm after walking for a while. But it had not been warm so the path was still a little frozen over which made pushing the stroller a little hard and made Allison slip all over the place in her very cute but not super traction-y boots.
Natalie got done with the actually story time part pretty fast so the two of us went off exploring. She enjoyed looking out the windows at the geese on the still frozen-slushy pond. Every once in a while the geese would take a step and their foot would foot to sink in the slush. Natalie also decided to try to eat a dead bug that was in the corner....gross! But maybe not as gross as what she tried to eat in the tub the other day, but I'll spare you and not go into that.
She's really a lot of fun but she's sure gotten lots busier since she started really walking fast! Now all she's interested in is walking/running as far away from me as fast as she possibly can without ever looking back or wondering if she's going to get lost.
I was messing around with the camera and telescope/binocular thing that they had. I took this picture through the telescope thing.
After story time the girls got to color some picture of birds and draw some of their own.
We had gone over with their friends and I could not help but make them stay where they were to take a picture of all these cute fun girls! From left to right: Allison, Evelyn, Hannah, Bailey, Emma and Lindsey. It's so much fun to have good friends living right downstairs!
Our attempt at getting all the girls to peek out a hole at the same time was very unsuccessful. You can see everyone through their hole but not necessarily their faces. Like Allison in the bottom right and Evelyn's, mostly arm and a little face right above her.
Allison never put her face close enough to not have it be totally dark.
See, we really tried, we tried hard but without success.
Sweet Allison mooched some orange slices off of Erin.
Allison was the only one that could not quite jump off the bench. She'd try to jump but end doing more of a sitting bump and a scoot off the bench instead of a true jump.
Allison attempting to jump again. Yeah, she looks like she's actually going to jump this time but alas, it was a sitting bump and scoot off the bench kind of a jump again.
Lindsey was being a beautiful butterfly named Sarah when she jumped and ran along. She's such a sweet girl!
Emma's mid-air jump shot.
Hannah's mid-air jump shot.
Evelyn's mid-air jump shot.
I love what her hair does when she jumps! It's so fun! And she jumps so dramatically that the pictures are always fun!
Evelyn and the 3 oldest Jones girls jumping together.
Natalie just sat and watched and had fun playing with her feet.
She liked putting her feet up on top of the bar. Just trying to get super comfortable I guess.
Such a sweet happy girl! Love this little Natalie Princess! In this picture she was just a 9 days shy of turning 1.
All the girls doing "head-shoulders-knees and toes" before they jumped.
Playing Trina says.
All the girls sticking out their tongues together.
Bailey's mid-air jump shot.
Evelyn and Hannah jumping together.
The girls all jumped for at least 20 minutes. With no naps and lots of running and jumping, these girls were worn out and ready for bed nice and early that night. What a fun WARM St. Patrick's Day!
Natalie was not sure what she thought of playing at the park for the first time that she can remember. The bark was not super flat and made walking kind of difficult.
On the other hand, she really LOVED the slide.
Evelyn, "taking a little rest" on one of the slides.
Evelyn loves to jump, can you tell? Allison was cooking me some food with the bark on the rocks. Pretty sure it was chocolate milk that she made me.
We have some friend who will be moving here next year and I think they're going to move into that white house that has this cute little secret city park in the back yard. How awesome is that?
Oh and in this picture, Evelyn really wanted Scott to come fly like an airplane on the swing with her. Being the nice dad that he is he tried it, I snapped a picture, he stopped and said he will probably not be doing that again....the swing was way too low! I imagine it felt somewhat like trying to do superman's but much harder!
Allison loved running around on the rocks that surround the playground.
As you can see it didn't stay as warm as it was on St. Patty's Day, here we are in coats again! I keep wanting to put them up in the attic but then we have days like this and days like today when it's still 32 degrees at 10am.
Of course Natalie tried to eat some bark. This girl will seriously put anything into her mouth. This is one of the less gross things she's tried.
Then she decided she was done playing and that she was cold and that it was time to head home so we did.
But take a look at this picture, she looks so big just walking around at the park in her little jeans and cute boots and puffy coat.
Now look closer at her hair, it was this picture that made me realize that even though she usually just looks bald, if her hair is static-y she looks like she has a mullet. Not because it hangs down even past her hair line, just because it sticks straight out and the little strip at the back of her head was like 2 inches long. With the top and sides still only about 1/2 an inch long. So, after downloading this picture, Natalie got her first haircut. She looks exactly the same but she no longer gets static-y mullets.
Playing at the park on a warmer-ish day in March.
7 comments:
All your flowers were really good. I like that you are always learning new things and then sharing those things with your girls. They were very good at putting the frosting stars inside the lines. I loved the idea of putting waxed paper over the pages.
Love watching the girls jump and wrestle and twirl and play. Makes me smile. I'm sure it makes you and Scott tired! You are giving them a wonderful childhood. What a great gift. You are all wonderful!
Love,
Mom Asay
So fun to see. I wish we lived closer because Amelia would have so much fun running, jumping, growling, and playing with your girls! Can't wait to see you all again.
Love the pictures of the park right out our back door! We're excited to move in and to be so near to all of you!
Trina, watching these videos and looking at these pictures almost brought tears to my eyes, I miss it so much! My girls both watched the videos and they still remember all their little friends. I'm so glad. Thanks for this post and I hope you don't mind that I love it so much :).
Oh, your pictures make me homesick for Ithaca and all our old play places. I miss the Lab of Ornithology being so close; enjoy it while you can! And then move to TX where it never gets down to 32 degrees!
Miss playing at all those parks, even in freezing weather. You guys are almost down to just two years!
Looks like lots of fun, Scott is a very fun daddy, I love how Natalie would try to run off but get too excited and tip over. Evelyn must be related to Cadence, she also LOVES to jump off of everything. She usually counts to 3 (skipping 1) and jumps. I remember the first time I cut Cadence's bangs, it was after I downloaded our Disneyland pictures and her hair was always in her face, it's funny how pictures can make us see what we somehow miss everyday.
Post a Comment