Sunday, April 24, 2011

My little helpers and potty training.


I have two little helpers that have a job of unloading the dishwasher.....as you can see they have a lot of fun doing it! If I keep letting them do it, before long it should actually become helpful rather than more work for me, right? For now they put all of 10 different things in 10 different spots. And there are at least 10 different kinds of things in there....as you can see I have to clean off the whole counter for them to do this job. It's so funny! They are getting a little better (usually). But they still like to play with the silverware like this morning they brought 3-4 forks to me that they's stuck together in funny shapes through the tongs. Evelyn said hers was a cross.....creative!
Allison really wanted to potty train when she had her birthday and turned 3. I didn not want to start on the Saturday and be consumed with it on her actual birthday so we waited until Monday. She was disapointed because she was ready to wear panties ON her birthday. I just kept her new panties wrapped up and on the piano to open up when we did start. Sunday night she taught her little bear how to potty train and how to check and see if he was dry and clean and of course she got to eat his reward treats for him! He even got to wear some of her panties. Here she is playing with him until it was time to take him potty again.
It was so cute to see Allison helping her bear play. She helped him pop all the doors up and then helped him push them all down.

Here the girls are watching a show on Monday our first potty training day. Allison got a special spot on the floor on a blanket instead of the spot she normally watches a show sitting on the leather recliner.

She potty trained amazingly well and within a few days she stopped hoarding her poop and realized that she could go in the potty and get a cool swirled gummy bear. Once the cool gummy bears were gone the jar was replaced with Swedish fish. Apparently a much better reward in her eyes because sometimes she goes 5 times in a day, requesting a Swedish fish reward each time. They are only for pooping in the potty and she's become a pro.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations Allison (and Trina)!!!

The McCloys said...

you need to tell me your method of potty training. I am thinking about starting while Derek is gone. London is ready, and I am finally at a point where I am ready. Congrats on the potty training!