Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playing in the snow and other stuff

Playing in the snow. And these pictures are not as old as you'd think. It's raining and snowing for the next couple days. Yuck!
Oh, and it's really taking everything in me to not skip ahead and post all the cute pictures from Allison and Natalie's double birthdays on Saturday. There are some seriously cute picture! Can't wait to post them.
Allison and her friend Emmy went down the hill and tipped over when they hit the snow bank at the bottom. They thought it was hilarious.

Can't see....oh well.
Happy sweet girls was pretty okay with being super bundled once we were actually outside. While still inside, not so much.
Chewing gum and ready to head down the hill on their sled.
Allison really wanted to swing. Kind of hard to hold on with mittens but she still wanted lots of underdoggies.
Who says a teeter totter is made for only two kids and in summer....who says?
Oh wait, sometimes it is used by only 2 kids, but still in winter. Allison and her little friend Mason all bundled up on the teeter totter.
All the kids thought it was pretty great that Natalie was having a ride all alone in the sled. She liked it if you were moving and not tipping, but once you stopped, she wanted out. She like the attention though.
Natalie and her little friend JJ took their first sled rides together. Pretty expressionless faces most of the time.
I love these cute girls! Adorable! They make me smile! Do they make me smile?
Dad and Natalie went for a ride down the hill. Both very good looking!
Does this not make you think of The Christmas Story? She was so puffy!
Evelyn, Allison and friends playing in the snowbanks on a hill.
Allison, climbing down the hill of snow.

Allison thought it was pretty funny when she ran into the tree!
This was the prefect sledding hill....until it snowed so much that the banks at the bottom were no longer fun little jumps but huge mountains, like 6-8 feet high.

Natalie hung out in the car for a few minutes while her freezing daddy vacuumed. Not so much fun vacuuming the car when it's like 10 degrees.
Finally a smile while in the sled. Her cute little cheeks are just sitting right on her puffy outfit.
Allison, Natalie and I built a snowman once the snow became good packing snow. The girls had wanted to build a big snowman again but the snow was always so powdery and soft. Finally it warmed up enough to start to melt and become really great packing snow. This snowman only took about 10 minutes to build.
We came out and decorated it later in the afternoon. Now that I think of it....I don't know where the scarf an hat and gloves are, now that the snow is mostly melted...hum. We'll have to go hunting for them. Or what would our poor frosty wear next year?
Loving their snowman!
Not as huge as last years. But not tiny either.
Allison was super excited to finally build a snowman! She loved it!
I had fun taking pictures of the girls playing in the snow. I thought that the ones taken in sepia turned out especially fun. Look at Evelyn's sweet smile! I love her cute little spaced teeth smile!
Not smiling but still cute.
Allison is always so cute all geared up to play outside. She loves the snow.
Allison just running along and being cute.
My puffy little baby tolerated it all pretty well.
She also started to eat snow. Once she saw it on her hand and didn't really know what else to do with it....she stuck it in her mouth, decided it wasn't too bad and kept eating. I didn't know she'd learn so young. Evelyn and Allison ate snow all winter, even with my constant pleas for the not too. I'd pick Evelyn up from School and she'd be eating the grossest muddy dirty snow. Yuck! Good for her immune system I guess, right?
She's got such a sweet little face.
Love her little tongue about to lick her sleeve.
Sweet, sweet girl!
Natalie loves, LOVES, loves roasted sweet potatoes and black beans. Can you tell?
Just a picture of my funny little girl!
I've got lots of good helpers when it's time to unload the dishwasher. Two help really well and the other helps make things need to go back through the dishwasher. Can you guess who?
Allison didn't like how I did her hair and decided to add to it. Pretty awesome, right?
I forgot to post this picture with Christmas. As you can see, Allison thought the ornaments smelled so good that they probably tasted good too. I can tell you she only took one bite of one ornament and I never even had to tell her not to do it again. I guess cinnamon ornaments that were made a few years ago using Elmer's glue just speak for themselves.
Evelyn had me help her make this cat out of the wicki sticks from Grandma Sjoblom
I made the dog. The box had directions for a few animals. That's why they're so cute.
This is the first time I made pot stickers and dumplings. I have to say, it was kind of a lot of work to make the dough from scratch and roll them all out....and this is only about 1/2 of them, I did the other 1/2 the next day. But they turned out really yummy. Last year we had a couple Asian ladies demonstrate making them for a relief society activity. They didn't really use a recipe so we just tried to write down what we thought they did. Turned out pretty yummy! I just froze most of them since there were tons. It was fun to eat them so many different times.

Little balls before they were rolled out and after. Yeah, my rolling pin was way too big to use on something so small and thin. I really needed one of those cute tiny ones that the Asian ladies used. They made it look SO easy!
Put a little scoop of meat, Chinese leek, green onion, ginger....mixture in the middle and then fold up to look like a cute little purse.


Ready to be frozen and saved for later. Yummy!

I think this video is from November but Allison is so sweet to be singing about how much she loves her mom and dad. Such a sweet girl.

6 comments:

Amy said...

have to admit...kind of missed the snow, but I am loving having a spring!:)

miss you guys

The Harker's said...

Even seeing all your snow, I miss Ithaca and seeing you guys. I hope it warms up for you soon.:)

stacey said...

Wow, I made potstickers for dinner tonight, it was so funny to see your pictures of that. But in our case the wrappers were storebought...and it still took me a long time. I can only imagine doing it all from scratch! Cute winter pictures!!

DC Hilltopper said...

Can't really blame Allison for trying out the ornament, I would be tempted to do the same.

Burke family said...

What cute pictures! And I love that big smile on Natalie - she is just the cutest happiest little girl! But I am soooo ready to be done with this snow. Isn't winter over yet?

Lauren Stuart and Madeline Jane said...

Your girls are so dang cute! I can't believe you guys were able to accomplish such a nice snowman. Stu and I have tried twice now and the snow won't stick to make one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE making snowmen I wasn't able to make one this year :(

But I am so ready for it to go away now! The mud can leave too!