Friday, April 1, 2011

Just having fun taking pictures


Allison was really good at this matching book. We had fun playing with it.
Scott was having fun playing with different settings on the camera.
Allison just has such a great little smile! Evey though she's fully smiling, her mouth is still frowning a little. It's so funny!

Apparently Scott took a picture of me too. Figured I'd post it just so you know I'm still alive.
My friend Jenny taught a cake decoration class and it was so much fun. This is the cake that we made the 2nd week when she taught a fun trick. Using piping gel you can transfer a picture onto the cake instead of trying to free-hand it, which I'm not a fan of. Now the piping gel transfer strategy I am very much a fan of.
Poor Allison though that it was her birthday the next afternoon when I gave her a slice of cake after lunch and she ate it all by herself. Poor girl to think that's all the to-do her birthday would be. I made it up to her a couple weeks later and she really had a great birthday and knew that the day was special for her. Can't wait to post all about it!
Allison being very helpful and helping Natalie brush her two little teeth.
Natalie trying it out for herself. But she's brushing the top where she still has zero teeth. Actually finally tonight one is trying to break through. Poor girl.
Funny picture of Natalie learning to walk (picture from Feb). She puts her arms out to try to balance herself. It's so cute and funny!
I had lots of fun taking pictures of Natalie after the other girls had already gone down for their naps one afternoon. She is so fun to watch and play with!
Taking a little sneak of her blanket and sucking her thumb while snuggling it. She really only sucks her thumb when she has her blanket, but if she doesn't have it she never does so at least I can control that much of her thumb sucking. For when she's in her crib there's not much I can do about it but at least it stays in her crib. I still think it's pretty sweet! For now.....But I'm going to have to start putting her blanket in the back corner of her crib so she can't pull it out. Today she came walking into the kitchen dragging it and sucking her thumb.
She's concentrating so hard.
Yummy little snack.
Deer in the headlights look.
Great little smile!
Sweet little toes! I love them and wish they'd stay so cute and little and kissable!
She's such a happy girl!
Concentrating so hard.
Working the cash register.
Sweet little fingers!


Such a happy little princess! Love, LOVE, love her!
I love her little fingers!
And really her whole little self!
That's why I was so sad when she was in the shower with me and slipped and fell and this happened! It was a little scary to see blood all around her eye and not really know where it was coming from until I grabbed a towel and wiped it. She really got over it in about 20 seconds. She's so tough. That is, got over it until I tried to ice it, even while bribing her with her first ever sucker (that she knew just what to do with and popped it right in without a moments hesitation). She was also not very over it when I tried to have my friend Erin help me put a butterfly on it....She was not convinced to be distracted by the sucker. But when I was not pestering her little eye she enjoyed it and make quite the sticky little situation out of herself.
See, really she's happy enough about it....before I tried to ice or fix it. She has a little scar that will hopefully fade and is fairly hidden when her eye is open.
Now all of my children have split something on their heads open...that means they're done, right?
Rub-a-dub-dub, my 3 sweet girls in the tub. We don't put them in all together often because really there is not much room for all 3. But if Natalie is awake she can't help but to try to climb in and join in the splashing fun.
They really love each other SOOooo.... very much! And they're all really very sweet! And I love their sweet little smiles! They b righten my life!
Yummy recipe from Scott sister of a vegetarian curry stew served over rice. It's pretty yummy and it chuck full of all sorts of stuff that's good for you! I love food like that!
Also a picture of a caramel cake that is to die for! Any time I make it I wish that I didn't see all the bad that goes into it so that I could enjoy it with a little less guilt! Sugar on top of butter on top of sour cream, with frosting of butter and sugar....It could kill you but it's to die for!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love these 2 posts! That last picture of that cake is going to be in my mind all night though now - yum! Can't wait to see you all again...hopefully soon!

Andrea said...

Wow ... that looks wonderful! I bet it tastes even better than it looks. And I might have to get that vegetable curry recipe from you.