Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mommy dates and things in ears and noses.


Natalie is so sweet.! She loves her blanket and as soon as you give it to her she snuggles it to her face, rolls onto her side and then sucks her thumb and goes right to sleep. So sweet! You may not be able to see that her blanket says "Princess." She really is such a sweet little princess! Oh, and she's still very bald. She just has a little fuzzy head and that's it.
Allison was in need of a little mommy-alone-time. We went for ice cream and then visiting teaching. I was worried that taking her visiting teaching would ruin the night for her, but she loved it. The sister I was visiting was so sweet to her. She pulled out some fun toys from when her kids were little and played with Allison. Allison also loved the little purse that I had packed with toys for her. She's such a sweetheart and I love her so much!
When I picked her up from nursery on Sunday she saw me in the hall and came running and said, "I missed ya!" and gave me a huge hug. That night when I was kissing her goodnight, I told her that I was going to miss her and she said, "I missed ya in nursery class." She also loves to hug me tight and repeat, "I wuv ya, I wuv ya, I wuv ya." She's such a sweetheart and give such wonderful snuggles, and hugs and kisses!

While playing outside one day, my friend told Evelyn to not put rocks in her ear. She saw her trying to do that and told her to stop, so Evelyn stopped. A few minutes later, Evelyn came and told me that she had something in her ear and wanted me to get it out for her. Well, I looked and looked and then went inside to got a flash light. Finally I was able to see that she did, in fact, have something in her ear. I handed Natalie off to a friend and very carefully tried to get, the above pictured, random, green-thing out of her ear, without pushing it in any deeper. I was sure that I'd have to take her to the Dr. Eventually it started working it's way up and out. We had to save it to show daddy and take a picture. I told her that it was not a good idea and she has not done it again....
Last night at dinner, Allison sneezed really good and then starting digging in her nose and said that she had corn up it (yes, we were eating corn). We told her to stop and that it was just buggers and that we'd help her blow her nose. Well, sure enough, when she blew her nose, there came out, a kernel of corn. We told her not to do it again and then a minute or two later she said that she had corn up her nose again. And she again blew her nose and out came corn. Yeah, she lost her corn for the night. Then Evelyn thought she should try. I told her about what we'd have to let a Dr. do if she got some stuck up her nose and she stopped. Silly girls!
Evelyn and her friend Brinley, picking blueberries, one of the many times we've gone this year!
Showing me how many she's picked. Yeah, I know, there are none in there. The first two times we went, she didn't actually keep any in her bucket, she just ate them all. The next two times, she decided that it was pretty cool to take her bucket up and have the girl weigh them and then pay for them.
Allison showing me her bucket. She does pick them and put them in her bucket. But, by the time we go to pay, she's eaten them all.
She loves getting out in the fruit fields and picking berries! And she looks so sweet, doing it!
On morning, Evelyn and Allison were playing on their beds and looking out the window. Evelyn kept telling me that there was a bunny outside. She told me this for like 20 minutes. When I was done feeding Natalie, I came to see what she thought was a bunny. Since I knew there would not be a bunny, in the same place, for 1/2 an hour. Well.... This is what she saw and thought it was a black bunny. I zoomed in, took this picture and told her that we'd walk outside so I could show her what it actually was. We went out and she realized that I was right. It's a random ab-crunch thing that someone decided to leave on the ground, outside. Yeah, it looks a little like a bunny, but its not.
Then yesterday we found a cute little bunny hopping around outside. After the kids watched it for a while, a neighbor put on gloves and carried it back into the woods. I got a picture of it, that I'll post next time.
Evelyn loves to bicycle, Natalie's legs. Natalie loves it too, so it works out well. She is such a smiley baby and will give really big grins to anyone who looks at her and talks to her. If you can't read her shirt, it says, "It's not easy, being THIS cute." Although she makes it look easy.
Evelyn also needed some mommy-alone-time and got to go on a date with me to activity days. We went mini-golfing and she just loved it! She thought it was so great! I know I've said, a hundred times, that I'm going to try to post a video. But I'm working on uploading a hilarious video of her trying hit the ball us a slight hill. A friend told me how she posts video, so I'm trying it that way and am uploading it, right now. If it works, you're in for a much better look into our funny, silly, crazy, etc.... life.
She's really has good concentration. She loved sitting in the back seat with all the activity day girls on the way there and on the way home. She really didn't want her ball to go in the water, the few times that it was nearly impossible to have it not. So she just picked it up and carried it across the little bridge. After that she said that she wanted it to go in the water. On the next one, I told her that it would probably go in the water, she actually hit it so that it did not. Then she asked me if she could hit it into the water. So she did that a few times, before finishing. She thought it was pretty great and sometimes did surprisingly well. She's such a sweet girl and loves it when we get to spend time together, just the two of us! She's loving working on "school" each day and loves telling me to look at what she's doing, every couple minutes. She's so loving and really just a sw

7 comments:

Amy said...

ahhh, jealous of the blueberry picking! fun to go on a lake cruise--good for you guys

and...when did you come down to DC? We totally missed you! We'll hope to see you in November though.:)

Elisa has me tell her stories of "Princess Elisa and Princess Lydia" and often she wants to have Evelyn and Alison come along, and occassionally Trina too.:)

we miss you guys

Unknown said...

I hope that's the last of things being put in ears & noses!

Michelle Chapman said...

Allison has beautiful Asay girl eyes. She is getting so cute! (Cadence didn't really start snuggling her blankies until a few months ago but it's so cute when she does. She has also been wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me really sweet hugs lately.)

Anonymous said...

Funny Michelle - I thought Allison had beautiful Sjoblom eyes!
Trina, you look so beautiful in that pink shirt. You are a beautiful mother. Thanks for all you do for those 3 wonderful girls. Can't wait to hug you all!

Love,
Mom A.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Cute blog Trina! I found yours through Emily.

Bridget said...

I love the picture of the non-bunny. It really looks like a bunny! I want to see the picture of the real bunny now.

Trina said...

I've been working on that post, the last few days. Hopefully will finish today!