Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art for the walls and the girls say funny stuff!



Evelyn gets really focused when she's working on something. This is one of her concentrated faces. Sometimes you can ask her something and she won't even hear you because she's concentrating so hard. She has been saying some really funny things lately! For example:

March 14, 2011

Evelyn: During the prayer I was thinking that my eyes were closed and I was thinking that the clock said 7:57.

Mom: During the prayer we are supposed to be thinking about what the person saying the prayer is saying.

Evelyn: I was thinking them in each of my brains. (pointing above each of her eyebrows)

Mom: Well, how many brains do have?

Evelyn: Just one, but it’s a REALLY BIG ONE!


March 15, 2011

During evening prayers

Evelyn: Thankful that we got to watch a movie and that mom thinks it was not a good idea but that it was a good idea and that I think it was a good idea and Allison thinks it was a good idea and that all the children think it was a good idea but that parents didn’t think it was a good idea……Plus more that I can’t remember exactly.

She really went on and on. It was too funny

My neighbor had made some of these cute little yarn dollies and the girls had played with them at her house and of course loved them. So I had her tell me how to make them and put together a few before Christmas. The girls were so excited to get them! They call them their little angles. Natalie thought her little tiny one was especially great for eating!
I had an art project in mind for the living room so I bought some of the thinner (not stretched over a wood frame) canvas from the craft store and decided to plan it out and practice using kids colors. It was Scott's idea to add the second base color as a thinner strip and I really liked it! It made them look especially fun when we hung them.


Had fun practicing and I'm glad I did. I learned that it worked much better to just dip the Tupperware in a plate of paint instead of trying to paint it on for each circle. When I painted it on it got too gloppy and kind of make a mess with much less even circles. The girls love it and were excited to put what I'd painted up on their wall.Then I bought some bigger, stretched canvases and got to work.
The red and orange took more coats to cover than the green and pink did. I think there are 5 coats of orange and 4 or red. So it took a couple evening of getting it out and letting it dry before doing other coats. And letting it dry before taping to do the other color. Not really a hard project, just time consuming!

Close up of just one of them.
I'm really happy with how they turned out and am trying to think of something else to paint on a big canvas for the kitchen.
I love how it looks above the piano! That big boring wall needed something and it's fun to put up 3 somethings that go together. I only wish that I'd don't the red a little brighter since the lighting in the living room is not that great it doesn't look quite as red as I would have liked but I won't complain.

Doesn't that sweet smile just melt your heart? This girl is seriously in heaven when she paints! I really should have her do it more because she loves it so much! But as you can see, it can end up being a little messy!
Allison has been such a sweetheart lately! She always has sweet smiles for everyone and she is so happy, cheerful and willing to run and help with whatever I ask her to do. Hopefully she just decided to skip the whole terrible-two's (really about 3's I think) altogether. I think she just hit it a lot earlier, like when she didn't really learn to communicate until she was about 22 months old. All she did was scream and squawk really. It was very frustrating for all parties involved! But 2 months before Natalie was born she learned to talk and it was always please and thank you and okay, it was great, she was so polite! She also lost some of her determination to climb onto everything even though I had tried everything to keep her down, she could not be deterred! She was so determined to do what it was she was trying to do no mater how you distracted her and bribed her not to, she'd always go back to it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she has determination, I'm just glad that it's mellowed a bit!
She has been so sweet and pleasant lately! We love it!
She always comes up to me and hugs me out of the blue and says, "Mom, I love you all day!" So sweet! Melts my heart!
When I put her to bed at night or down for a nap she says, "When it's morning time/wake-up-time are you going to come pick me up?"
After drawing a picture that she wants to share with a friend she'll say, "I'm just going to pop this down to Lindsey, or pop this over to Ben." Not sure where she got the "pop this over to..." but it's sure cute!
She is also telling complete strangers about her plans to start wearing panties and poop and pee in the potty when she has a birthday! Hopefully this time since it's so much her idea it will be a breeze. Besides it has been like 6 months since we last tried and were not able to accomplish anything with the bowels!
I bet this time it will be a breeze! Right? Trying to convince myself.
Evelyn reading Natalie her favorite story....well the only one she'll really sit through! So sweet!

8 comments:

Kyle, Cassie and Kids said...

Love the wall decor, such a cute and fun idea! Good Job!! Your girls are so cute and so big... And also very funny! =)

Andrea said...

Great art project! You are pretty innovative.

Matt and Lisa said...

Great post Trina :-) I love that video at the end! Evelyn even helps Natalie turn the pages, so sweet!

Lisa

Alisha the sister said...

Trina, you have amazing skills! And your little girls are growing so fast! Thanks for posting pictures on your blog--it makes me feel like you all really aren't clear across the country!

Merkley Jiating said...

The wall canvas art looks amazing! I need a more detailed tutorial. Like a demonstration!

Becky said...

I love the art/craft project! So impressive! And the paint mustache was my favorite.

Michelle Chapman said...

I also want to know how to make the yarn dolls, I think Cadence would love them and they're adorable.

Kelli said...

oh - I love the wall art. You are so creative! The girls are getting so big, too.