Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finding, chopping down and decorating the prefect Christmas tree.

This year was our first year to get a live Christmas tree. There were tons of cut-your-own-tree farms around Ithaca and they were more reasonably priced that I had expected. We picked one and drove out the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There were 5-6 fields of different kinds of trees. So many good ones to choose from made it really hard to pick just one. We found the best tree in the size we needed and chopped it down. This is the tree that was Scott's favorite. Of course it was farthest away from the car, by a long ways. Oh well, he was the one that got to drag it.


Natalie got a ride on the sled when I went to get the sled to chop the tree down. Can't say she totally loved it but she thought it was interesting for a few minutes.
Evelyn and Allison hugging a little tree that they liked. It's very cute but sorry girls, I'm not going to choose a 3 foot tree for $23 if I can choose a 7 1/2 foot tree for the same price.
Allison talking about her favorite tree.
Evelyn talking about her favorite Christmas tree. I love that she wants to "wack it off" "with a knife."
Each of the girls got a turn to try to to reach under the tree and help daddy saw it down.


Evelyn wanted to drag it back to the car herself. So we let her try.

The tree with lights only.
Natalie got to enjoy pretzel pieces while we decorated the tree.
Daddy helping Allison put some ornaments up high.
Daddy helping Evelyn put some ornaments up high.
Evelyn and Allison loved helping and Natalie pretty happily watched it all.
This is how it looked for about a week before I decided it was missing something and bought some pretty silvery ribbon to wrap around it.


All the girls in the family after we decorated the tree. Natalie looks like she's going to run right off my lap.
I covered the front door in some very red "door wrap." It was so very red. So I made this "thing" to hang on the door to help it look more festive.

No comments: