Monday, October 18, 2010

Video, cookies and a peanut buttered pine cone.

Evelyn reading some Mother Goose to Allison. Allison looks very entertained!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP-xkCHP_sg

I have a new nickname for Natalie and this will explain why. I call her Thumper.
Look at her little leg just thumping away. She'll lay there and do it forever.

Allison spreading the peanut butter on the pine cone, to make a bird-feeder thing.
A little messy?

Allison was very carefully placing the bird seed onto her peanut buttered pine cone. (She's eating peanut butter off her fingers, not bird seeds.)

These girls really love each other. Allison always wants to hold Natalie and Natalie really thinks she'd rather just sit on her own and play with Allison. Natalie loves when Allison gets down and plays with her and hugs her and kisses her. Aren't they sweet!
My little sweet teady bear looks so warm and bundled on our walk to take Evelyn to school today.

While Evelyn was at school today I wanted to have some fun with Allison. So we made cookies and a bird feeder. We put peanut butter and bird seeds on a pine cone to hang out our window. It's fun to have them eat from the hanging-pine-cone while flying in place.
She thought that it was pretty great to play with peanut butter, lick her fingers and spread it on the pine cone. I guess the birds won't care if she was licking her fingers, right?
Here's Allison making cookies. Her little tongue is doing something funny while she's licking off the beater.
Allison had so much fun being my little helper to make yummy home-made Oreo's today. We made the frosting orange and they look very festive!
I tried to make Indian curry for my first time, yesterday. It was pretty good, but also a little strong and spicy for the girls and a little for me too. The only problem is that now, over 20 hours later, it still smells like curry in my house. My friend came over for a hair cut tonight and she said, "It smells good." I asked her if it smelled like cookies or dinner and she said, "like curry." Yeah, she was smelling last nights dinner over cookies and tonight's dinner.....

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Little "Thumper" Natalie is too cute. I remember making peanut butter pine cone bird feeders when I was younger. Good idea for Allison.
I'm impressed you tried out a curry dish. I want to but haven't found one I want to try yet. Plus, Brad does not like the spice.

Matt and Lisa said...

Yum, curry! That sounds good :-) Thumper is pretty darn cute and I loved Allison licking off the peanut butter, too good to resist!

Lisa

Amy said...

darling girls...
how fun to make a peanut butter pinecone!:)
curry sounds yummy. I wish I was in that haircutting chair!:) miss you guys

Dad and Mom said...

Trina- beautiful girls. I can't wait until we see them in DC
Dad

Kelli said...

is Evelyn at BOCES? Natalie is so cute!

Jake said...

The curse of Indian food . . . hard to get the smell out of the house!