The big pond in Sapsucker woods and pretty trees turning fall. Scott was having fun taking playing with the camera.
Scott was throwing things into the water to take a picture of the ripples. Cool picture of reflections and ripples and lily pads and tall water grasses! Good job honey!
There is a random barn/building across from one of the ponds in sapsucker. I tried to Google it and figure out what this Kip's barn is and all I could find was photos of it. So I decided to take some pictures of it too. Random, but kind of cool I guess.
Another random little pond that usually has lots of toads. Now it's just covered with this green floating stuff. Its'n not really moss or gross. It's just lots 0f green little circle things that float on the surface. Now all the leafs are falling and landing on the top of it. I was afraid that the girls would try to walk out on it since it didn't really look like water.
Allison and Evelyn at the end of the dock-thing that looks over the pond and Kip's barn, looking for toads and fish.
We found this gem of a mushroom and went home and sautéed it up for dinner! It was so delicious!
Another picture of not-so-matchy outfits that the girls put together for a Sunday evening walk. They still had their church clothes on and paired them with great shoes and jackets. These girls are kind of goofy!
This is a picture of my very favorite people in the whole wide world!
Scott was out of town for 4 days this weekend. The girls and I were all so excited to have him home again! We missed him lots and lots! Evelyn was sad when he told her that he would not be home tonight until 10 when she's in bed and she wouldn't see him again until morning. Since he just got home last night at 8. But when she guessed that he'd be at a meeting, and he said yes, she was pretty excited that she got it right. I often tell her that I have a surprise for her and the I'm not going to tell her what it is until after she cleans up or finishes eating or something. She really likes to try to guess and she gets so excited when she gets it right.
The girls are running do the street on our way to sapsucker woods. They love to run outside! They love to run inside too, although I don't think our neighbors love it, so I usually try to put a stop to it.
Kidding about the mushroom. We don't even like mushrooms and definitely don't eat random things that we find out in the wild!
4 comments:
I thought you were serious about the mushroom at first! I was like, WHAT?! But then I finished the post. I am glad you didn't really eat that thing; it looks sick!
Remind me to show you the videos thing next time we are outside and I will bring out the laptop. It is really easy!
I thought you were serious, too!!! I was horrified. Gross.
I've always wondered about Kip's Barn, too.
Those pictures are gorgeous! Aren't we lucky to live next to such a beautiful place.
So funny, I too believed you about the mushroom, and I was thinking, I hope it wasn't poisonous!!! We need to get over to Sapsucker woods. I don't think Dave has ever been!
Post a Comment