We had a great time visiting DC and an even better time hanging out with, awesome Uncle Dan. The girls think he's the best! And he is so good to them. We're excited to go to DC again in November and see all of Scott's family.
Random firework show on the way home from DC, just outside of Ithaca, in a smaller surrounding town.
What do you know, the firework setting on our camera does a pretty good job.
A few shots of Dan's apartment. Since I know his family is curious to see his giant leap, in living arrangements, from New York City. It was a really nice apartment, and for two guys living there, it was very clean and nicely furnished and decorated! Clean, except for all of our stuff randomly laying around.
Over all, I did try not to covet his apartment, even though it is bigger, nicer and better furnished than mine.....but as you can imagine, for a girl who does laundry for 5, either at the laundry mat, or outside and around the back of the building.....Yeah, I think I was coveting! What a thing to covet. A washer and dryer, inside you home! One day, I keep telling myself...one day.
Another shot of the living room with some little pink shoes that are obviously not Dan's or his roommates. (And the back of one of the chairs in the dining room.)
Dining room and kitchen. Very pretty and only cluttered with our games and food and stuff. More counter space is not picture, to the right. Another think I tried to to covet.
Dan's roommate was so nice to let us stay there and since he was out of town, he even let us use his room. All the girls crashed on the floor and Scott and I got a bed.
I've got another blanket lover on my hands! This girl loves to have her soft blanket, right up to her face. Then she usually rolls onto her side and sucks her thumb. She's so sweet! Hopefully she'll just be a blanket snuggler, not a smeller, like Evelyn.
The pentagon. Not a great picture, but it's fun to say that we've seen it.
This was the closest you could get to the front of The White House, while driving, with the camera zoomed in. As you can see, if you park and walk, you can get much closer.
The Jefferson memorial.
Inside the Lincoln memorial. We had a great Taxi driver that was great to drop us off, let Scott and I run up to the memorials and take pictures, then run back to the car. That way we didn't have to park and walk to all of them. Which would not have been a problem, if it were not 102 degrees and humid as anything! I've never seen so many people, so hot and sweaty and just not care, since there's nothing you can even do about it and everyone was. Oh, and this taxi driver even kept the kids in the van, and it was the one and only Awesome Uncle Dan. Thanks Dan, you were great!
The National Museum of Natural History even had Nemo, his dad Marlin and Dori, from Finding Nemo. Evelyn thought that was pretty cool. And it was funny that will all the fish in the aquarium, these ones were close enough for a picture.
Huge dinosaur. The girls were most excited about seeing uncle Dan and the dinosaurs. Probably because of cousin Brad. Since we really don't have anything dinosaur around here.
Really big Elephant at the entrance of the museum.
This picture is for Scott's dad. Didn't know there really was such a thing as a Dingo.
The huge "stuffed animals" were pretty cool. It was even better than a zoo, because all the animals were not hiding in the buildings.
A little disturbing.
Evelyn, sticking out her tongue, just like the giraffe. Only her tongue is not blue.
Didn't know that Lions had hairy-arm-pits. Now we all do.
Cool bat.
This is a soap bubble, filled with dry ice, steam/smoke....yeah, I don't know what to call it.
Evelyn and Scott, trying to feel the dry-ice smoke, steam stuff....again, I don't really know what it's called.
Allison reaching her hand into the bucket that had dry ice in it. The girls thought that dry ice was pretty cool. We'll have to get some, sometime.
Evelyn and Allison playing in the kids area at the museum.
At the National Museum of American History.
The capital building at "the mall," in DC. Not sure whey it's called a mall....I was confused.
Happy Natalie. She's such a sweet girl and she's growing up too fast! We love our sweet little girl!
On the Metro. The girls though it was great! And even when we rode the second time and there were seats to sit in, Evelyn still wanted to stand and hang onto the pole. She thought that she was pretty cool.
Uncle Dan and Evelyn, standing in front of uncle Dan's hospital. This is where he spends his days, now a days.
Playing rock-bank at Dan's. Scott was so serious. Neither Scott nor I had ever played but it was kind of fun. I could see it being really fun if I knew the songs, at all!
This picture was a result of Scott and I working on the large thing in the next picture. We were putting the bunk beds together and thegirls needed to go to bed. So they played for a long time, but finally fell asleep on the floor in the toy room. Now the toy room is Natalie's room and it has the Exercise bike in it. The girls have most of the toys in their room.
4 comments:
What a great trip! And what a nice brother - that really was the perfect way to see all of the monuments.
And the girls' bunk bed looks awesome! I love the matching pink bedding too. I bet they just love it!
I love the girls hair in pig tails - cute, cute, cute.
Didn't know you got bunk beds. They look nice.
Love,
Mom Asay
I agree with Patrice, I absolutely love the girls' hair in pigtails! (Especially Allison eating her ice cream!) and the bunk beds are really cute, where did you get them?
(PS I always wished I could sleep on the top bunk of a bunk bed when I was younger, I don't really know why.)
Hey Guys - Your little girls are absolutely beautiful! What a fun trip too - DC is one of the places I'd love to go visit - so much history! Hope you guys are doing well - you all look fantastic!
Love, Stephanie
Post a Comment