Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What could be better than a new sister for a birthday present?

What could be better that getting a new sister for your birthday! Allison and Natalie share a birthday so our family will be pretty sick of cake by the time the Scott and my birthdays also roll around. All within 20 days of each other.

Here's our birthday girl that got to celebrate her birthday, a few days early. We celebrated her birthday on Tuesday, after Grandma got here. I figured that her birthday may get kind of missed if we waited and I was right. The morning of Allison's birthday, I was at the hospital in labor. Natalie was born at 11:06 that morning and I only got to see my birthday girl for about 20 minutes when she came up to the hospital to meet her new sister. Here Allison is, modeling her new rain coat. She was so excited to put it on and would not take it off until it was time for bed.
She has not totally learned how to direct her blowing in one spot, so she had to blow a few times to get the candles out. She'd been so excited for her "lady bug cake" for about a week before her birthday. Anyone she talked to that asked about her birthday, she told them that she was going to have a "lady-bug cake." Anyone that asks about her birthday since then, she tells them that she had a "pink birthday." I guess that's since we had lots of pink decorations up. Then she starts to sing, "happy birthday."

The above progression pictures are of Allison picking up the cup-cake that was the lady-bug's head, trying it, setting it down and deciding that it got her hands too dirty, then enjoying it cut up on a plate. She had been wanting to eat that cupcake since the day before when the girls helped me bake the cake and the one cup-cake for the head. Allison really wanted to eat that cupcake the day before, so she was very excited when she got to pick it off the lady-bug.

This was the most red I could make the frosting and the darkest I could make the spots. Not quite accurate, but it worked.

Evelyn was so helpful in helping Allison open her presents and it was nice that Allison actually wanted her to help! All involved parties were happy.
The most excited I've even seen a kid get when they opened a gift and it was clothing! She is very excited to get this Cornell hoodie from Grandma Asay. Grandma Sjoblom got her some fun movies that the girls are enjoying.
Looking out the window, wishing it were raining so that they could go try their new rain coats out. Of course Evelyn got a rain coat too. What fun would Allison have out in the rain all by herself. Allison was very pleased to present Evelyn with a matching rain coat and Evelyn was equally please to get the gift.
And no, I do not really wonder why I get asked so often, if they are twins? Besides a little difference in height, they look very much alike!

11 comments:

Jen L said...

I totally cannot believe you had an 8lbs baby in you!! What a beautiful family! I love the matching raincoats!

The ladybug cake is AWESOME!

Kendra said...

Great cake! I was inspired by your girls hair accessories and started making some for Norah. Now she just needs a cute hair cut. :)

Brittany said...

Wow! Is sure did sound like the birthday girl got what she wanted for her Birthday and even more! You are so creative with all of your girls cakes :) Congrats on the birth of Natalie she is beautiful.

Michelle said...

I miss you all so much! I can't wait to meet baby Natalie. What beautiful girls and what a wonderful family you have. Thanks for all the details and pictures Trina; you are amazing. I don't know how you do it all - and with such poise and grace. Girls are so much fun. Amelia is lucky to have such fun cousins. Can't wait to see you again

Steph and Brady said...

Oh what a fun birthday present. I totally know how fun it is because my little brother, Tyler, was born on my birthday! Your baby is beautiful just like your other girls. What a great family! I hope you are feeling great! Oh and I love that cute cake!

Melissa said...

Love the cake. Good thing you decided to celebrate early!

The Harker's said...

Love all the pictures, and the matching rain coats. I can't wait to meet Natalie! Hope everything is good, espcially now that Grandma has gone. Let me know if you need anything.:)

DC Hilltopper said...

Awesome pictures. I want a cockroach cake for my birthday, can we make that happen?

H Wilde said...

cute cake! congrats on the new baby.

Jules said...

Congratulations on the newest addition to your beautiful little family!!!

keldi and matt francom said...

trina your girls are so dang cute i love the rain coats my boys love theres too. congrats on your new little angel i hope all is well.