I know that Halloween was like a week and a half ago, but we've been sick and I have not gotten around to posting before now. I'll post a bunch of pictures to make up for my tardiness.
Evelyn was so serous about painting her pumpkin that I could not get her to look at me or smile. She would not take her eyes off the paint and pumpkin.
She had some serous concentration going on.
Allison did not want Scott to help her at all and even got mad every time he stopped her from putting a brush full of paint in here mouth like she so badly wanted to do.
She loved her pumpkin so much that she even gave it a kiss. Below she's adoringly petting her pumpkin.
The finished product of our girls pumpkins. I'm not usually very good at letting the kids do the crafts all by themselves. I usually try to help them too much so that it turns out more like it's supposed to. As you can see, this time I gave them full reign! We'll just call it abstract art and say that they're gifted!
Evelyn loves doing this puzzle with daddy and Allison love messing it up when they're done. Yes, she dressed herself. She wanted to wear a dress and I told her it was too cold, so she needed to wear pants, and this is what she chose. Now for a question for both Asay and Sjoblom grandparents. Does Allison look like she's giving us a taste of our own medicine. Just like when Scott and I were little, she has both feet above her head. My girls are so very active and Scott and I fully deserve it! (So we're told.)
Allison and here daddy out trick-0r-treating.
Evelyn out trick-or-treating.
This picture only caught about 1/2 of the group of kids that we had going up to each door to trick-or-treat. Poor people giving out candy just about ran out when our group came by. I think they may have been 13-15 kids.
Our attempt to get a picture with the girls and me before leaving for trick-or-treating. As you can see, they were more interested in leaving to trick-or-treat, than the before leaving picture!
Scott's parents sent his roller blades that he left at home when he went away to school. (Actually he thinks that they're his sister Lisa's.) He took the girls on a few rides and they loved it!
The girls are enjoying a treat at our ward's Trunk-or-treat party. They both chose suckers. After Allison finished this sucker, she got another one out and went up to about 6 different people before someone finally opened it for her. After all her determination to find someone who would open it, I let her eat that one too.
Two little tutu girls getting a drink at the church.
We had a friend who was dressed up as an octupus. His costume had lots of little white dot stickers with a little black dots in the middle, for eyes on all of the octopus arms and legs. A few fell of his costume and Allison played with them for about 20 minutes. That's what she's looking up from, on her hand, (like a deer in the headlights) in this picture.
Over at a friends house Allison is playing is her pan cupboard at lunch. Which is why she has on her funny looking most functional, my favorite bib.
Cute picture with the wind blowing all the tutu to the back so that it looks huge.
Allison joined Evelyn and her girl friends from Joy school for a little parade before their Joy school Halloween lunch party.
These are the girls in our Joy school group all dressed up for Halloween. There are also two boys in the group, but they were not so interested in having their pictures taken.
Allison trying on someone else's glasses and nose.
The girls love playing in boxes and pushing each other around. This one was big enough for them to both get in at the same time. They're in pj's and ready for bed, but having way too much fun playing, to actually go to bed.
2 comments:
Cute costumes! Allison looks so cute in the dear in the headlights picture and the one where her skirt is blowing in the wind! I love how you let them paint their pumpkins, I'll bet they absolutely loved that. (I held Cadence while I painted her pumpkin.)
Painting pumpkins must be a Sjoblom thing! I must say it's very interesting! Looks like we've got some modern artists on our hands! Really, I'm very proud of you for giving them free reign. Looks like they really enjoyed it.
Did you get a new dining table and chairs?
I can only speak for Scott, but yes, he deserves an active little girl with her feet up in the air!
Love, Mom A.
Post a Comment