All in all I think that Evelyn had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed the day that I tried to make special for her. In the morning she had Joy school and it was my turn to teach. I let her help me make snicker doodle's, that we rolled in purple sugar, to share with her friends at Joy school during snack time. During her nap I decorated the house with a Happy Birthday banner, pink and white streamers all over and balloons. She thought it was pretty cool to wake up to the house decorated for her party that she's been talking about for weeks. After naps we have a few friends meet us outside and she shared the rest of the cookies. We played outside until we were too cold and then we went to the store to let her pick out some "pink ice cream." She wanted waffles for dinner so we made breakfast for dinner with waffles, and amazing buttermilk syrup, bacon and eggs. Scott and I were too sugared out after dinner to be able to eat one of her cupcakes, but apparently she was not too sugared out because she ate a cupcake and ice cream, neither of which I was able to eat. We had a few neighbors come help us sing Happy Birthday and eat cupcakes. By the end of the that day I was wasted as I had be getting sick, but it really got bad that night and lasted about a week. I'm mostly better, now that a week and a half has gone by, just a lingering cough. The girls stayed healthy for a few days, then they got a minor version of my cold and sore throat. Allison's better and Evelyn almost all the way better. We had her 3 year well-check today and she's still tall, in the 95 percentile. Healthy, active little girl who loves life. On of her new favorite things to say is, "I really love you," or " Can I have a sucker? I really love suckers." Today after reading her a story before nap time, I laid down and sang a song with her. During the song she put her hand on my cheek and after the song was over she said, "you really look cute today." Or just "I really love...(whatever we've been talking about)." I love getting compliments from her because I know that she tells me exactly what she's thinking. Like if she thinks what I made for dinner stinks or doesn't taste good she tells me. But if she likes dinner she says it's "deeeee...licious." I think she got that one from daddy when he was prompting her to say that it's delicious, by starting her out and saying, "deee..." and having her finish it off. Such a cute sweet girl who has brought our family so much joy!
Little doctor Allison listening to Evelyn's heart, while Evelyn gives herself a shot in the finger. At dinner tonight, I asked her what something fun that she got to do today was and she said it was to go to the doctor. I asked if that was because they gave her a new story and she didn't have to get any shots, and she said yes. Both of my girls really like to be checked out by the doctors and nurses and they love getting their hearts listened to. At Allison's appointment a few weeks ago they ended up giving Evelyn a flu shot at the same time as they gave Allison hers. She was so shocked that she suddenly got a shot, when she knew full well that it was an appointment for Allison. This morning when I told her that we were going to the doctor today, she was a little hesitant.
Doctor Evelyn working on her little sister with the new doctor set from Grandma Sjoblom. Evelyn's cute shirt that she got for her birthday from my friend who's Evelyn's buddy (her nursery leader) says, "Here comes trouble!" When Scott asked her if she was the trouble coming, she said, "No, I'm not trouble, my shirt is."
She's the only one in the family that has a Cornell shirt. Thanks to Grandma Asay requesting thats what we buy her with the money sent. I guess the rest of us will have to wait for our birthdays in the spring. And yes, she does still have some yellow frosting from her cupcake, above her lip.
Showing the fun pajamas and doctor set from Grandma Sjoblom. She also got a really fun book from Grandma, but it didn't make it into the picture. She loves her snuggly cup-cake jammies and wants to wear them every night.
Loving her new umbrella and Cornell jacket from Grandma Asay. Poor girl wants it to rain so we can take her umbrella out and play in the rain. It rained all up to that week and then it's only rained once since her birthday last week and it was at night. Allison got a matching one too so when it does rain, they'll love going out and playing in it. When I ask her what her jacket says, she says, "My daddy goes to Cornell." I told her that once, and I guess it stuck.
Opening the above gift. Bet you could already tell that it was going to be an umbrella.
Caught taking a big bite out of one of her birthday cupcakes. I took her to the store that day to chose out some "pink ice cream." She wanted some that was pink and Neapolitan is what she chose. She was glad because it had pink and some brown ice cream for daddy too.
When we were at the store a few weeks ago I was having her help choose some ice cream for daddy to go with the brownies that we made for him because he was going out of town for a few days. She wanted to choose pink, but I told her it was for daddy and needed to be chocolate. She helped me chose some with chocolate which she just calls "brown ice cream." Which doesn't sound as appetizing as chocolate ice cream. On her birthday she was free to choose any pink ice cream and she chose some with pink and brown and said, "It's pink ice cream with some brown for daddy." I though it was sweet.
Enjoying her sisters birthday cupcakes.
Allison is playing mommy to her favorite little floppy bear. She wanted to change his diaper and put Evelyn's shoes on him.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Evelyn! I can't believe she is already 3! She is getting so big. How are you feeling? That is exciting that you are having another girl! I really need to call you and catch up!
Happy Birthday Evelyn! I love all of the cute pictures! I really liked the abstract art on the pumpkins from your other post. As I've been sitting here reading your post, Eli has been looking at the pictures and saying "Aa-son" excitedly. He remembers! :)
Sounds like Evelyn had a great birthday. Sorry you got so sick.
I love the Cornell jacket I bought for her! Good job picking it out. Now I know what to get the rest of you for your birthdays in the Spring!
Love,
Mom A.
Post a Comment