Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A month's gone by, here's a post of our recent happenings


At Joy School this morning I pulled out the camera and snapped this picture. The kids thoroughly enjoyed blowing bubbles, with straws, into cups of soapy water. Too bad that we can't do it more at home, because I'm pretty sure that Allison would suck and blow into a straw and not only blow. Evelyn has already asked to do it again, right after her Joy School friends left. Pretty good piles of bubbles, huh?
Sunday, after naps, we bundled up and went out for a walk. It was really cold and we only stayed out for 20-30 minutes, but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. (The sun had set by the time we took this picture) And yes, I know, my pants are black and my coat it brown. But the pants are just too comfy to not wear and my other coat (that looks okay with black pants) is not very comfortable to zip up anymore. I'll clash, but at least I'll be more comfortable doing it!
This airplane must be a training airplane because it circles above our house for hours a day. The airport is probably only a mile, or less, away, as a crow flies. We see lots of planes but this is the one that you can count on seeing each time you're outside. All you have to do is look up. Allison loves airplanes and looks for it whenever she hears it. The says, "airplane, airplane, airplane......" until I ask her if she see's an airplane, to which she simply replies, "yeah." She has really started to talk a lot lately! She get's really frustrated when we can't figure out what she's trying to say. She'll say something, we'll repeat what we think she's saying, then she'll just repeat saying what she's trying to say, until we finally guess it right (or we distract her, which is hard to do, but sometimes we just have no idea). She also does not like to feel like she's being ignored. If she sees the moon while we are driving, she will sit and say, "moon, moon, moon, moon, moon...." until we ask if she sees the moon, and she'll say, "yeah." Once we turn and she can no longer see the moon, she'll sit and say, "Where'd the moon go? Where'd the moon go? Where'd the moon go? Where'd the moon go?..." until we ask her, "Where did the moon go?" To which she'll reply, "no, all gone." She's so funny and she loves to talk and has become so much calmer and easier to be around, now that she can politely ask, "please help, or more please, or thank you mom." She's turning into such a sweetheart and I finally feel like it will be okay to have a baby in a few weeks and that she'll be able to handle the change. Anytime I mention that we are going to go to the store, she looks at me with a huge smile and asks, "Popcorn?" She thinks that we should always shop at Target, because the have popcorn for kids, for free, while you shop. It's a pretty great entertainer, while we are there, I'm sure that it a great plan for the store, because I'm sure that I probably buy more, since the girls are entertained and happy. It's probably worth the cent and a half it costs them to supply us with popcorn, and the occasional spill clean up too. I've even made and taken our own bags of popcorn to other stores to entertain the girls while shopping. Allison also loves to get herself dressed and really doesn't want help. That's why she is often seen wearing her shirt backwards, or maybe even her pants backwards.
Evelyn's a little dare devil and loves sledding face first, even when it' really not a good idea! So far, not major injuries though.
Allison really likes playing in the snow. The first few times out this winter, she was not a big fan and just cried for help back up when she'd fall down and be done and ready to go in, 5 minutes after getting out. Making the bundle time, so not worth it. Now she loves it! We played out in the snow for and hour and a half yesterday and only came in because she had a dirty diaper. The girls loved it and were not done playing in the snow and ready to come in. But they decided it was okay, since they brought a friend in to play for a while before dinner.
Too cute to not post!
Allison and a little neighbor friend, Cara, being pulled around in a sled together. They were being pulled up a slight hill and Cara could not help but lay back. Allison sat up for a while, then gave up and laid down too.
Evelyn helped me fold the socks and she did a really good job. It took a few tries to help her figure out how to fold them together, but she got it down and folded them all up quick. I can't wait until folding laundry can be her job! I just wish that would be next week, or maybe even this week. Allison, on the other hand, not so interested in even trying to help.
We had a picnic in the living room and then watched a movie and had popcorn. It was just a plain old Friday night, but the girls had been sick and cooped up for days, so we decided to do something fun. They were so excited for daddy to come home all day. After breakfast, Evelyn asked if we could go and get daddy from school and bring him home for our party. She was disappointed when I told her that we just had to wait for daddy to get home off the bus, when it was dark, and then it would be dinner time. They actually ate really well and Allison sat through dinner better on the blanket, than she does when she's stuck in her high chair. It was a fun night! It's so fun to see the little things that they get so excited about.
A few weeks ago, Uncle Dan came to visit. The girls loved having him here and Evelyn has talked about him every day since. They loved playing with his real stethoscope and they could not stop climbing on him. Not a great picture, but the best I got while he was here. We are glad that he lives close, but wish he lived closer. The girls really think that he should just come over all the time, since he lives in New York too, and all. Also, Evelyn thinks that he lives only about 15 minutes away. When he comes, he takes a bus from the city and all we have to do is go pick him up at the bus station. I think she thinks that he lives at the bus station and should be able to be picked up anytime, since he's only 15 minutes away.
A day last week I had decided to make a couple of new clippies. Evelyn has recently been wanting to wear them, I'm hoping that will wear off onto Allison and the baby is coming soon. Maybe I got a little carried away, but since I had the stuff all out I went to town and made 30 new clippies. Evelyn's been wearing them and Allison always asks for them, but takes it out in 5 minutes and just sucks on it. One day she'll learn to leave them in so that she doesn't always have hair in her face. The funny thing is that she doesn't like to have hair in her face and is constantly brushing it out of her face, yet she won't leave clippies in. If I somehow put one in without her noticing, she'll eventually find it, pull it out and give it back to me and say, "clippie," like she's all offended that I'd even think she'd want to wear it.
I took two shots so that it would be a little bit closer-up of a picture. There is a repeat row in the pictures. Oh and if you count, I know there are only 29, I think it's because Allison ruined one already.

I have some great videos that I'll post if I can get them to upload!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute clippies. I need you to make some for my baby too (with little headbands or something)
Stacey

Andrea said...

Very cute clippies!

Bridget said...

Yeah, cute!

I'm impressed you got a picture of our friend the airplane. My girls love looking at it, too. :)

Laurel said...

Love the clips! I am impressed you can make them, I wouldn't know where to start. Your girls are so cute, can't wait to see if your baby looks like them!

Anonymous said...

Cute "clippies"..I need to make some. Too funny about your black pants and brown coat, I think when you go outside in the Ithaca winters all fashion sense can go out the window.

Kyle, Cassie and Kids said...

What a great post! I love the clippies! They turned out so cute... Evelyn and Allison are so cute! I can't wait to see the new little one! By the way you look great for being so close to having the babe!

Michelle Chapman said...

Trina,
I love all the clips, I have some of the same little flowers from walmart but I want to know where you get the bigger flowers, and do you make the felt flowers yourself? The picture of Alli by the tree is adorable, she has the cutest little face! And only you would have even noticed the brown and black. Your little picnic looks so fun and healthy, (what brand are the bibs?) You are such a fun mom, I want to be more like you!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh you are such a fun mom! You guys are always doing fun things. I love all of the clippies. So cute!

Burke family said...

You guys have been busy! I love the indoor picnic idea. We are definitely going to have to try that. Jordan would love it!

Melissa said...

Fun picnic! And great idea making popcorn to bring to other stores, I'll definitely try that.

Andrea said...

What a month. The clips are darling and you're a machine at making them. Wow.

I liked the bubbles picture and the one of Allison and her friend on the sled leaning back/falling over. At least someone is finding joy in the snow, because it isn't me. :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the bubbles. Look so fun I want to come over too :)

Nice to see Dan playing with his nieces. I'm glad he got to visit.

I was surprised at Christmas by how much Evelyn and Allison liked to sled. They weren't afraid at all. So cute.

You still look great Trina. Hope things keep going well right up till the end. Can't wait to see my new granddaughter!

Love,
Mom Asay