Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter.

Our family has been having so many birthdays lately that when we were telling Evelyn to say "Happy Easter," by saying, "what is today?"  She'd answer "Happy Easter Egg."  I don't think she really understands what Easter is about, but she sure did a lot that associated with easter eggs this week.  She called her grandmas and grandpas and wished them a "Happy Easter Egg."  Today I asker her what yesterday was and she said, "Happy Easter Bunny."  Apparently there is no plain old Easter.
Best friends pose for a quick picture on our way out the door for church.  too bad it was such a cold windy day and it didn't feel much like spring.

Evelyn is fashioning her new Easter dress from Grandma Asay.  Doesn't she look cute in it?
The girls has so much fun hunting for eggs in our house on Easter morning.  Evelyn is reaching under the chair for an egg that she spoted under there.  Allison apparently is not fully approving of something off to her left.
I was shocked by how good Allison was at spotting the "hidden" eggs.
I had Evelyn dump our all her eggs so that she could see how many she found.  I taped them all closed so that the wouldn't come apart too easily.  Allison stepped on one and it popped open for them to eat.  She stepped on another one and goldfish when flying everywhere.
Our best easter eggs this year.  Not all that great, but it was lots of fun and Evelyn especially loved it.
Allison really likes bananas.  She found this one in the shopping bag right after I got home from shopping, so I peeled it and gave it to her.  She thougth it was pretty cool to have the whole banana in her hand, instead of cut up little pieces of banana.
Despite this face, she really does love bananas.  

6 comments:

The Harker's said...

So sute! Your girls did look adorable in church on sunday! Yeah for Grandmas!

Andrea said...

The girls look so pretty in their dresses! Did your mom make them?

Carly said...

your girls are darling! looks like you had a fun easter.

Kevin and Cassie Cardon said...

Your girls are so cute in there Easter dresses... I'm sorry it was so cold, thats never fun! I hope you have a good birthday tomorrow...

Jules said...

I'm procrastinating doing the dishes and cleaning the house (the kids are finally in bed and my Scott went back to work for the evening), and what better way to do it than by reading your blog!

Wow, you guys have been busy! What cute little girls, and Happy Birthday Scott! We're getting old my friend. Hard to believe that it's been a decade since we've both been 16! That's quite a wife you have, and a cute little family you've made. I always enjoy catching up on your lives!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast the girls are growing up! They look so cute in their dresses. Thanks for sharing pictures so often. It's fun to see them hunting for Easter eggs. Can't wait to hug them in a couple weeks!

Love,
Mom Asay