This is my newest toy. I've only had a keyboard since we got married and it just wasn't the same as a piano. We are so excited to finally have a real piano (even though it's a little one). We got it for a really good deal but it was kind of far away and a pain to get. Now that it's here, we love it.
We got a toddler bed for free but it was in really bad shape so we decided to paint it. It turned out to be a bigger pain that it was worth, but now it's done and I really like it. We sanded it all down and then primed and painted it. We didn't have anywhere good to paint it. We would have done it outside, but it was only 10 and it's has to be at least 55 degrees. We ended up puttingplastic down and doing it in the attic which is also very cold. Even after leaving the attic open to warm it up, but it was still too cold cold up there, so I'd paint it and then the paint would pucker up and I'd have to wait for it to dry and sand it and prime and paint again. After painting one side of the head board I let it dry then turned it over to paint the other side. Apparently the over spray of paint that was on the plastic sticks to the paint on the bed and easily comes off the plastic. I ended up sanding that off priming and painting that again. I know that a toddler bed should be relatively easy to paint, but with our circumstances, it was kind of a lot of work. Now that it's done, I love it. I decided to paint it yellow instead of white which was my original plan and I'm glad. Since the walls are white it would have just blended in.
The girls and I had fun playing with shaving cream during one of their baths. Evelyn even took a turn washing Allison's back and then spreading it all over her head. One day they'll be too old for bath pictures, but for now they're lots of fun.
I figured that I should put all pictured messes on the blog so that my mom can appreciate that my daughter is just like me. Evelyn had eaten a blueberry yogurt for breakfast. She didn't quite finish the last few bites so I put it in the fridge for later. After her nap I heard her in the kitchen and asked what she was doing and she said yogurt. I thought, well there may be a little mess because she probably didn't put on her bib and who knows what utensil she chose to eat it with. I walk into the kitchen and found this. This is only a picture of the chair but it was all over the wall, door, floor and table too. She hadn't gotten the yogurt with a little left she got a brand new one. When she tried to pull off the top, it flipped out of her hand, she was pretty upset to have to throw away all the yogurt.
I tried to snap the picture while Allison was in the act of brushing her hair, but she wouldn't do it for the camera. She loves to come in the bathroom while I'm getting ready and brush her hair.
Evelyn always runs and gets diapers for Allison when I tell her Allison needs her diaper changed. Instead of stopping her the second time she did this, I just got the camera. She will take Allison pants off, undo her onsie and taker off her diaper. It think it's pretty funny.
I didn't get the picture when the diaper was all the way off, but it was.
Evelyn was sick for a few days and I brought her bed out to the living room so that she could lay in it out there, instead of in her room alone, all day. This picture shows how much she loves her blanket. She sniffs it all the time. This time she fell asleep still sniffing her blanket. I only let her have her blanket in bed so that she doesn't want to drag it around everywhere. Sometime she'll sit on her bed and just stiff it for a few minutes. I'll ask from the other room, "What are you doing?" She'll answer, "blankie." I washed it a few days ago and left it down in the laundry room for a couple days. Every time she took and nap or went to be she'd tell me that her blanket was in the washer. The day that I finally brought it up and set it on her bed, she found it and was so excited that it had returned. She really sat on her bed for at least 1/2 hour and just sniffed and snuggled her blanket (to make up for lost time). I took her a book so that she had something to do while she was on her bed having blanket time.
4 comments:
Wow, that will be so nice to have a real piano.
glad to see an update! your girls are so cute, i just love them.
This was a fun post to read! Congrats on the piano those are so nice to have and way better than a keyboard. Super cute pics of your little ones they are adorable!
Cool piano...is it in tune? We have those bathtub letters too!
Post a Comment