Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've got the best job in the world!!

The reasons that I have the best job in the world are:
-I get to hang out with 2 adorable little girls all day.
-I get to cook and try all the new recipes that I want.
-I get to take my girls on walks and enjoy beautiful scenery and listen to birds sing and see wild life and breath clean-fresh air.
-I get to live by a lot of members of the church who also have children, so we get to hand out while our children play together.
-I got to enjoy General Conference with my wonderful husband and daughters.
-I have a wonderful family, immediate and extended and extended-extended......
The list could go on and on, but this is not a journal, just a blog, so I won't bore you more. But please enjoy a few recent pictures of a proud mother.

Allison is happy to be sitting up by herself.
Finally a picture that Allison looks like mom when I was her age. Although I don't really think she looks like me, this at least gives me hope.
"Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters." Allison and Evelyn love to snuggle on the couch
All three girls sitting on the couch together. Allison, Evelyn and Evelyn's dolly that she would not leave anywhere all of that day, but the next day, she didn't even know where her dolly was
The master fort builder and his daughter built a very large fort in our living room one Sunday morning
One of the hair clips that I made, Evelyn is fashioning for us.
Evelyn posing on the swing for a picture.
Evelyn is thoroughly enjoying some chocolate cake.
Evelyn's hand and a leaf.
A pond in Sapsucker Woods. Sapsucker woods is right behind our apartment complex. There are a lot of trails through the woods and a few little ponds, this being one of them, and one large pond. We enjoy walking through the woods together and enjoying the birds singing and the squirls running up and down trees and the deer right beside the trail.
My handsome husband our beautiful daughter, sitting on a fence in Sapsucker woods.
Sisters sitting in fall leaves, right in front of our apartment.
Allison started holding her own bottle about a month ago. It's wonderful, she's happy and eating and I can be productive.

This is our mini dishwasher that holds hardly any dishes.
View looking away from our apartment building, from the front porch.
These are all the hair clips that I've made for my girls.
I've really started to enjoy making these. It's one of my new hobbies.
Scott thinks I've made too many, but am still having fun making them and putting them in my girls hair.
View out kitchen window. The rail you see is the fire escape, not a balcony.
This is a view out the same kitchen window.
This view is looking straight out our living room window.
This view is looking out our living room window and looking down.
This is the front view of our apartment building. Our apartment is on the top right. The front door you see leads to more stair inside. From my car there are 32 or 36 stairs into our apartment. Hopefully that will help keep us in shape. Lugging groceries, two little girls and all my laundry up and down the stairs. The washer and dryer are around the back of each building, so on laundry days, I go up and down those stairs about 20 times. Those days I take a bread from exercising and count the laundry hauling, and the laundry takes all day because I do so many batches on laundry day.

Congratulation if you made it to the end of this post and didn't get bored with all of the pictures of a mother who is obsessed with her daughters. But what mother isn't, right?

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures of everything! I love Allison's little chubby cheeks. It looks like you have lots of gorgeous scenery around your house. I'm glad that you are enjoying NY!

Oh yeah, tell Scott you can never have too many hair clips for two little girls!

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures. Those beautiful girls are lucky to have such a wonderful mother. Glad you're enjoying this stage of life. Thanks for sharing your joys and your pictures.

Love,
Mom Asay

Matt and Lisa said...

My Evelyn finally grew some hair! That's awesome :-) Those 2 girls as so darn cute! I miss them and can't wait to see them again. Miss you and Scott too, I guess...

Lisa

Michelle said...

Trina thanks for sharing. I love seeing glimpses into your family's life. It seems like such a beautiful life. You are a wonderful mother.

Love,
michelle

Unknown said...

so cute! I vote for more posts like this.

Does Allison have red hair?

Scott said...

Allison's hair is not red, but some lighting makes it look that way. Evelyn's looked like that in some lighting too, but now it's blond-blond.
~Trina

Bear said...

I LOVE that devoted sisters song from White Christmas! I sing it a lot. And yes, your girls are very cute.

Melanie said...

Your girls look so old! They are gorgeous. I am very impressed with the hair clips!

I love that you write about how much you love being a mom. I think some moms don't realize that they only blog when they're frustrated with mommyhood, which is fine, but this post was refreshing. You are a good mom!

Stephanie said...

Trina & Scott -

Your little kiddo's are just beautiful! Being a S.A.H.M. is the best job by far, and anything but monotonous! Trina, I missed your comment on my blog about the chocolate lava muffins until just now (sorry!) but yes, it is just 4 tablespoons of flour... I posted a reply to your comment on my blog as well. :)

Kerstin Miller said...

Wow! They are getting so big! I love how they cuddle together. Jackson still says aawwhh when he hugs thanks to Evelyn! We are doing great here, still in California. Ryan is looking for a job. Hopefully something will surface!

Stephanie said...

BTW, I am adding you guys to my blogroll - hope that's ok. If not, just let me know & I'll take you off :)

Paige n' Kalani said...

Hi guys! Just your long lost cousin Paige blog stalking! I saw your link on Stephanie's and hope it is ok that I'm adding it to mine? Your girls are darling!